- the previously unbranded @ConstructionEnq Twitter account now sports a fetching red and black icon
- @ConstructionEnq is now following me (but, sadly – to date – nobody else)
- there are now more than 30 followers, all presumably getting @ConstructionEnq news updates in their live-stream
- the profile has been completed, along with a location and website hyperlink
- the ‘new blog post’ preamble is now a shorter, snappier “Latest:”, and around half a dozen stories are tweeted each weekday
- but interrupting the automated flow of news stories on 1 May was something that even sounded like a human being: “Apologies for the test posts. Normal service will now resume!“
It seems that Construction Enquirer sees Twitter almost exclusively as another channel to broadcast its news, which is a shame when it could be opening a dialogue with its readers, maybe asking for reactions to breaking news, or asking for first-hand accounts from people affected by some of the stories they’ve written. Still, it’s early days ….